Boating enthusiasts worldwide look to ShakespeareÂ® for quality marine antennas. The Fiberglass Loran C Marine Antenna features hand-soldered connections, brass and copper core, metal ferrules, and polyurethane finish. The model 173 is a classic specialty antenna. The fiberglass Loran C whip antenna is designed to last in the toughest salt or fresh water environments.
A 4 foot tall fiberglass marine antenna that is ideally suited for use where strong Loran C signals are transmitted as well as inland waterways. The top loaded fiberglass Loran C whip picks up strong signals from Loran C towers and DGPS signals. Marine navigation has come a long ways since the days of the sextant and steering by the stars. Make sure your Loran receiver has a quality ShakespeareÂ® marine antenna.
A Loran coupler is not included with the antenna but can be purchased separately for connecting to your receiver.
- Loran-C radio navigation systems
- 100 kHz brief radio frequency pulse
- DGPS longwave 285 kHz â 325 kHz
- Loran C receivers
- Differential Global positioning system (DGPS)
- 4 foot Loran C/DGPS whip
- top-loaded fiberglass
- Ideal for strong Loran C signal areas and inland waterways
- Recommended by GPS manufacturers as a differential beacon antenna
- Single section
- Chrome plated brass ferrule with standard Loran C 3/8 x 24 inch threads
- Loran coupler is not included
No posts found