This is arguably the best handheld CB radio available today.
The Midland 75-822 Ultra Compact CB Radio with Mobile Adapter is a true switch hitter. The 75-822 is a two-in-one CB radio that is unique to the world of two-way radios. The 75-822 is quickly and easily convertible between handheld and mobile radio configurations. Monitor NOAA Weather channels, instantly access CB channels 9 and 19, and easy to read screen display make the 75-822 user friendly.
The Midland 75-822 handheld CB radio gives you the features of a larger mobile radio. Not only do you get the portability using battery power, but it includes a vehicle adapter. The 75-822 makes a great motorcycle communication system when you purchase a helmet ready headset.
The included 18-821 Midland vehicle adapter makes communication while on the road a breeze. The 18-821 adapter is a power and antenna connection module that is the feature that separates Midland's 75-822 CB radio from all other handheld CB radios available today.
If you're looking for the convenience and peace of mind that a CB radio can provide with portability and a non-permanent vehicle installation, the 75-822 ultra-compact from Midland is the one for you. Best of all the 75-822 is ready to use right out of the box! Pair this handheld unit with an extended range antenna, like the SA2 or HATA, for additional communication range.
For Use in Your Vehicle:
If you are wanting to use this radio in your vehicle and want to attach an external antenna to the top of the radio, you will need an AR3 adapter to connect the antenna coax to the top of the radio BNC connection. Just note that you can use the cord/slide-on adapter that comes with the unit that already has the SO239 connection.
Many people like magnet mount antennas (like the JBC112-3600) so they can easily set up and remove the entire system quickly.
It is important to note that you will need to use an SWR meter to tune the antenna to your vehicle to optimize your system and reduce possible damage to your radio. This is not as daunting as it sounds! Visit our Help Center for help with this.
Need a Window Mount Antenna?
A great little window mount for the 75822 would be the CBNGWC17. If you are wanting to attach the antenna to the top of the radio via the BNC antenna connection, please note that you will need an AR3 adapter to connect the antenna coax.
Need a Headset?
You could also consider the KSPM1 speaker lapel microphone that is designed for handheld CB and FRS radios. It is compatible with walkie-talkie style radios and CB radios that have a twin 3.5 mm stereo 2.5mm mic accessory connector. The KSPM1 has a 3.5 mm earbud jack for private conversations and is located on the bottom of the lapel speaker-microphone. The push-to-talk button located on the side of the mic helps to avoid the dreaded open mic that can happen with other manufacturers speaker/microphones. Looking for an earpiece that is compatible with the KSPM1? Check out the AUEPD1!
Need an Additional Microphone?
Looking for a microphone to connect to the 75822? The 22M11 Midland Speaker Microphone is a good one, however it does not come with a jack for an earpiece. If you wanted a microphone with that earpiece jack, check out the KSPM1 or the PMRSM lapel mic. Also check out the AUEPD1!
Need a Protective Case?
Need a quality hard leather case for this unit? Look no further! See the MD70203BW.
- 5" x 2 3/4" x 1 1/4" in size, 13.8 ounces with battery pack
- Power supply is six AA alkaline (for non-charging battery case) or eight rechargeable AA batteries (for rechargeable battery case), 12V DC
- Receiver sensitivity of 0.7 uV for 10 dB s/n
- TX distortion is less than 5%
- Selectivity is 50 dB
- Modulation is 90% (+/- 5%)
- RF power is 7 Watts input, 4 Watts output
- Full 40 Channels with Scan
- Fits in the Palm of Your Hand
- Large lighted LCD readout displays 18 functions/modes including channel numeral or frequency
- Instant access to five users/selectable memory channels emergency channel 9 & road information channel 19
- Weather from NOAA
- Dual watch monitors two user/selectable
- Jacks for microphone & external speaker (Microphone and Speaker sold separately)
- High/Low Power Control (Saves on Batteries)
- Can be Connected to an Outside Antenna, Earphone, Microphone or Headset
- Dual Watch (Scan 2 Channels of Your Choice)
- Key Pad Lock
- Please note that this radio does not have a built-in SWR meter. You will need an external SWR meter (like the AUSWR) in order to tune your external antenna system for optimal performance. See our Help Center's article How to Tune a CB Antenna for additional information.
What's included in the box:
- Midland 75-822 Handheld CB Radio
- Removable Rubber Antenna
- Removable 8 and 6 Cell "AA" Battery Case -- Can Use Alkaline or Rechargeable Batteries - Do not mix
- AC Adapter
- Mobile Vehicle Adapter
- Wrist Strap and Metallic Belt Clip
- Owner's Manual
- Emergency Channels
- Channel Scan
- Memory Channels