C29LTDHD-T - Cobra® 40 Channel Harley Davidson CB Radio - Peaked & Tuned
Radio Condition: This unit was used and has some scratches but we peaked and tuned the unit and replaced some of the original accessories including the power cord and mic clip/hardware. The product box is in poor condition with some tape, tears, and worn edges.
If you are in the market for a new CB radio the Cobra® 29 LTD Harley Davidson may be the radio for you. The C29LTD has been the trucker's choice for many years. This is due to an excellent reputation for reliability. This is a solid, tried and true CB radio. It includes some of the most commonly sought after features. The 29 LTD also has a traditional style that is commonly associated with CB Radios.
Reliable CB Radio
The Cobra® 29 LTD Classic has been in production since the 1970s. Very little has changed about this radio over the years. That is because this is a radio that works. There are several variations of the 29, including this limited edition Harley Davidson version.
Cobra® 29 LTD Features
This radio includes most of the more commonly looked for features in a CB radio. This includes mic gain (dynamike), RF gain, PA and instant emergency channels. It also has an antenna warning light that will let you know when there is a problem with the antenna. The built in SWR meter will save you some money, since you won't have to buy an external meter to tune your CB antenna. The only thing the Cobra® 29LTD is missing is weather channels.
- 40 CB Channels with Channel Indicator/Large digital display for easy readability
- SWR/RF/Signal Strength meter is illuminated and tells you the power output/strength of receiving signal/SWR readings
- Dynamic Microphone is a 4-Pin miniature screw-on type with 9' mic cord
- The Front Panel 4 Pin Mic connector maximizes space and allows installation above or under the dash
- Switchable ANL and Noise Blanking is used to suppress ignition noise & external electrical interference
- SWR Switch allows you the check SWR of the antenna system and to make adjustment
- Squelch Control eliminates background noise in the absence of an incoming signal
- DYNAMIKE Gain Control allows you to deliver 100% modulation at all speaking levels
- CB/PA switch allows use in conjunction with a Public Address speaker
- Bright Dim Switch
- Delta Tune is used to clarify incoming signals
- Instant Channel 9 Switch gives immediate access to this emergency channel
- Red Transmit indicator, Green for receive
- Antenna Warning indicator alerts you to trouble in the antenna system
- Full 4 Watts AM RF Full Legal Power Output
- Two Year Manufacturer Warranty
In The Box
- Cobra® 29 LTD Harley Davidson CB Radio
- Mounting C Bracket and Thumb Screws
- Microphone Bracket and Hardware
- Detachable Power Cord - Do you need a replacement power cord? Check out the AUCB91.
- Owner's Manual
- Size: 2 1/4" H x 7 1/4" W x 8 5/8 D
- This is a large radio. It is recommended for vehicles with a little extra space
- The 29 LTD includes a mounting bracket with two 5 mm thumb screws for mounting.
- The power cable for this CB radio is detachable for easier installation
- Looking for a power supply for this radio? Check out the PS8.
Tuning your antenna using the Cobra® 29 LTD radio:
Turn the radio on.
Set to Channel 40.
Flip switch to CAL for calibration.
Press and hold mic button.
Adjust the SWR CAL dial until meter swings right and sits directly under "CAL" on the meter.
Keeping the mic button depressed, switch the SWR toggle back to SWR and write down the SWR reading on the meter.
Repeat the steps above on Channel 1.
Use your SWR readings to make adjustments to your antenna accordingly.
If channel 40 SWR is higher than channel 1 SWR, lower/shorten the antenna. If channel 1 SWR is higher than channel 40, lengthen/extend the antenna. The goal is to have the reading be similar and both be under 2 or lower (ideally).