Peaked & Tuned by CB World's Expert Technicians- Read more about our service here.
The 29 LX is the permanent replacement for the limited edition radio (20,000 Units Built) celebrating Cobra's 50th anniversary. Cobra® has taken all the great features of the "Classic 29LTD" and managed to enhance it even further! The 29 LX has the same size case and uses the same accessories as a "Classic 29LTD". The LX's added features include a 4-color (Blue, Red, Amber & Green) illuminated LCD display that can be changed by user to match interior vehicle lighting, enhanced microphone, programmable LCD dimmer control, sof tware controlled menus, 10 programmable memory channels with touch of a button, all channel scan, Weather receive with scan, Weather channel function automatically advances to clearset weather broadcast channel while driving, radio diagnostic check function allows monitoring of RF output, SWR, battery voltage with low battery alarm.
For 50 years Cobra® has provided the highest quality Citizen Band radios to meet the needs of the professional driver. The 29 LX is a culmination of performance, style and innovation in Citizens Band radios. The radio features a completely redesigned, modern look with selectable display that can be programmed to red, green, blue or amber to match the instrument panel of the cab. The display also has customizable night and day settings to enhance readability in both bright and dark conditions. The large center scroll knob provides simple one-touch programming of the unit for easy setup and channel changes. The dynamic ergonomic microphone is redesigned for easy and comfortable use.
Cobra® 29 LX Features:
- Peaked and Tuned
- SWR Calibration - Allows calibration of antenna system for maximum performance.
- Adjustable Dynamike Boost - Dynamically boosts microphone for increased voice clarity.
- Tactile Controls - Allows you to actually feel where the dial is in it's rotation without taking your eyes off the road.
- PA Capability - Use CB radio as a Public Address System with PA speaker. Receive signals can also be monitored through PA.
- RF Gain - Adjusts receive gain in weak and strong signal areas.
- Switchable Noise Blanker - For increased noise reduction.
- Emergency Weather Alert - Alerts you if threatening weather is nearby with an alert tone even when CB is turned off.
- 4 Watts AM RF Power Output - The maximum allowed by law.
- Instant Channel 9 and 19 - Instant access to emergency channel 9 and information channel 19.
- Antenna Warning Indicator - Illuminates when antenna needs checking.
- Delta Tune - Used to clarify incoming signals.
- Talk Back - This control is used to adjust the desired amount of modulation talk back that is present at the speaker during transmit.
- Channel Scan - Allows scanning of all 40 channels.
- Frequency Display - Displays operating channel frequency of CB and weather band.
- Auto Weather Scan - Automatically scans for the weather band for the strongest signal.
- 10 NOAA Weather Channels - Instant access to 10 National Weather Channels, 24 hours a day, in all 50 states.
- Weather Alert Scan - Automatically scans for the nearest weather alert signal.
- Radio Check Diagnostic - Allows testing of important radio functions such as RF power, antenna condition and battery voltage
- Memory Channels - Stores up to 10 frequently used channels
- Memory Channel Scan - Allows scanning of up to 10 channels stored in memory.
- Selectable Key Tone - Allows key tone to be turned on or off.
- Day / Night Dimmer Control - Adjusts brightness of the front panel for day and night driving.
- 4-Pin Front Microphone Connector - Allows convenient installation to be in-dash or under-dash.
- Selectable 4-Color LCD Display - Choose from four easy-to-read display colors: red, blue, green and amber
- Looking for a power supply for this radio? Check out the PS8.
What is in the box:
- Cobra® 29 LX CB radio
- Mounting bracket & hardware
- Power cable - Do you need a replacement power cord? Check out the AUCB91.
- Owner's manual
- Size: 2 1/4" H x 7 1/4" W x 8 5/8 D
- This is a large radio. It is recommended for vehicles with a little extra space
- The power cord for this radio is detachable for easy routing.
- The Cobra® 29 LX includes a mounting bracket with 2 thumb screws for mounting.
Tuning your antenna using the Cobra® 29 LX:
Turn the radio on.
Set to Channel 40.
Push the S/RF/CAL/SWR button next to the meter to "CAL" for calibration.
Press and hold the mic button.
Adjust the SWR CAL knob on the bottom right until the meter swings right and sets to "CAL" on the meter.
Keeping the mic button depressed, press the S/RF/CAL/SWR button again and switch to "SWR" and write down the SWR reading on the meter.
Repeat the steps above on Channel 1.
Use your SWR readings to make adjustments to your antenna accordingly.
If channel 40 SWR is higher than channel 1 SWR, lower/shorten the antenna. If channel 1 SWR is higher than channel 40, lengthen/extend the antenna. The goal is to have the reading be similar and both be under 2 or lower (ideally).
No posts found