Cobra 18 WX ST II CB Radio is a feature rich in dash mountable unit that won't break the bank.
The 18 WX ST II is a 40-channel CB radio with 10 NOAA weather channels & a forward facing speaker making it ideal for under or in-dash mounting. This Cobra CB radio also has the option to connect an aux power line allowing the radio to come on when a vehicle's ignition is turned on. The Auxiliary power on feature will prevent draining of the vehicle's battery even if the radio is accidentally left switched on.
The Cobra SoundTracker ® system reconfigures the transmission signal to allow it to be transferred more effectively through cluttered airwaves, while at the same time significantly reducing the static on all incoming CB channels. This results in clearer sounding reception and a more powerful transmission.
The front mounted 4 pin Dynamic Cobra mic is comfortable to hold and transmits crystal clear audio. The Heavy duty 9 foot coiled mic cord is strain relieved for longer service life.
Cobra's channel scan and Dual watch come standard on the 18 WX ST II CB. If you've ever had the pleasure of spinning the channel control searching for active signals on an all-night drive you'll appreciate the convenience and ability of the Cobra 18 to lock onto the strongest signals. With Dual watch you can listen to over the road traffic while monitoring a second channel that you and a buddy may be using during trips or outings.
The Cobra 18 WS ST II is professional class citizens band radio transceiver that will earn its keep the first time out!
Cobra 18 WX ST II Features:
- Dual Watch Monitors two (2) user-selected channels at once
- 10 NOAA Weather Channels Receive immediate, up to the minute weather information 24 hours a day
- Last Channel Retention Saves last channel used in Memory
- Heavy-Duty Dynamic Contoured Microphone with voice response circuitry and a 9 Foot coiled cord
- Electric Tuning Quick facilitates accurate tuning of all 40 CB Channels and 10 Weather Channels
- RX Indicator Indicates receiver is on stand-by
- TX Indicator Shows red when CB is in transit mode (TX)
- WX Indicator Illuminates when in weather receive mode
- 4 Pin Screw-On Mic Connector Convenience
- Power On/Off and Volume controls
- Squelch Control eliminates background noise in the absence of a signal
- LED Signal Strength Meter Indicates incoming signal strength and output power
- Front Mounted Speaker Designed with clear sound that talks to you instead of the floor
- Large LED Channel Display For greater readability
- SoundTracker Dramatically improves the sound quality of the transmission and reception of CB signals by reducing background noise up to 90%
- Instant Channel 9 and 19 Instant access to emergency channel 9 and information channel 19
- Scan all channels to find conversations in progress
- Frequency range 26.965 to 27.405 MHz
- Size: 6-1/2" D x 6-7/8"W x 1-7/8"H
What's in the Box
- Cobra 18 WX ST II Weather band CB Radio
- Heavy Duty Dynamic Microphone
- Mounting Bracket and hardware
- Microphone Hanger with hardware
- Instruction Manual
- Size: This radios measures 6-1/2" D x 6-7/8"W x 1-7/8"H.
- This is a small radio, good for installing in vehicles with less space in the cab such as newer cars and smaller pickups.
- This CB Radio includes a mounting bracket with two 6MM thumb screws for mounting.
- The front facing speaker on this radio makes it much easier to hear without adding an external speaker.
- The 18 WX ST II includes an orange auxiliary power wire that allows the radio to come on with the vehicle, similar to a car stereo.
- The power cable for this CB radio is permanently attached to the back of the radio. You will need to route the cable from the mounting location to the power source.
- Please note that this radio does not have a built-in SWR meter. You will need an external SWR meter (like the AUSWR) in order to tune your antenna system for optimal performance. See our Help Center's article How to Tune a CB Antenna for additional information.
No posts found