The DX 959 is one of the most popular models from Galaxy Radios and this one has a BLUE LED DISPLAY!
This radio already has an advantage, being from one of the most highly regarded CB radio manufacturers. Add to that its impressive list of features, including a 5 digit frequency display, built in SWR meter, and 1 KHz clarifier, and you have a winner. In addition, this radio is backed by Galaxy's outstanding 2 year warranty. Plus the Face-Plate lights up so you can see your radio while traveling by night!
Out of the box, the DX959 outputs the maximum 4 watts on AM allowed by the FCC. Out of the box it puts out 12 Watts on SSB.
Talkback allows you to hear your own voice through your radio as you talk. This radio has a talkback feature controlled by the dial on the top row, right next to the meter. Talkback is turned on and off by pressing the dial in like a button. The volume is adjusted by rotating the dial
The multi-function meter on the Galaxy DX959 displays signal strength, output power, modulation and SWR. The built in SWR is especially nice, since it saves you from having to spend extra money for an external meter. The meter is back lit. A dimmer dial on the radio adjusts the brightness of the meter, frequency display and channel indicator. Pushing this same dial in will turn the display on and off.
In addition to automatic noise limiter (ANL) and noise blanker (NB) the 959 has a selection on the PA/CB switch for GNF, which is essentially a high frequency noise filter. Used in the right combination these features will get the strongest signals coming in clear.
If you need to tune a frequency in just a little more, the clarifier on the DX959 will adjust the frequency up or down (12 o'clock on the dial being no adjustment) up to 1 KHz.
DX 959 Features:
- Operates on AM, LSB and USB
- PA out
- 5 digit frequency display
- Built in multi-function meter
- Signal strength meter
- Modulation (AM only)
- Power meter
- SWR meter
- Talkback with on/off/volume
- Automatic SWR doesn't require calibration
- Advanced noise filters
- Tone control switch
- Adjustable output power
- Roger beep
- Face-plate Lights Up
- 7 amp fuse
- Two year warranty
What is in the box:
- DX959 CB Radio
- 4 Pin CB Microphone Wired Standard
- CB Mounting bracket and hardware
- Power cable
- Owner's manual- PDF version of DX959 here
- Size: 7 7/8" (W) x 9 1/4" (D) x 2 1/8" (H)
- This is a large radio. It is recommended for vehicles with a little extra space.
- The DX 959 includes a mounting bracket with two 5mm thumb screws for mounting
- The power cable for this CB radio is detachable for easier installation
- This CB radio has a microphone plug on the side
- 7 Amp 250 Volt Fuse in the power cord
- Looking for a replacement power cord? Check out the DCCORD.
- Looking for a power supply? Check out the PS12.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RETURNS ON GALAXY RADIO PRODUCTS.
ANY AND ALL WARRANTY ISSUES MUST GO DIRECTLY TO THE MANUFACTURER.
PLEASE BE SURE THAT YOU READ OUR RETURNS POLICY BEFORE YOU ORDER.
No posts found