One of the best ways to improve AM/FM reception is to increase the surface area of the antenna. Firestik AM/FM antennas have much more wire in them than the standard whip antenna that comes with most vehicles. This gives them up to 80% more surface area to capture radio signals, translating into much better AM/FM reception for you!
Installing this antenna will require more than simply replacing the whip antenna on your vehicle. Firestik AM/FM antennas are made to use the same 3/8" x 24 threaded mounts that Firestik CB Antennas use. This means you need to install a new mount, running coax, and using an adapter to connect the coax to your AM/FM radio. The increase in performance more than makes up for the extra work. Coax Not Included- We recommend the 108MMPL.
- Increased "Capture Area" for Better Reception
- Many Times the Surface Area Approximately 300'
- Good Bandwidth for those Fringe Areas
- 100 % American Made with American Materials
- Custom Blended Fiberglass for Ruggedness and Flexibility
- 3/8" X 24 Threaded Base
- Available in 3 or 4" Black Only
No posts found