- Choice of 3 foot or 4 foot antenna
- Installs on Plastic, Wood, Fiberglass or Aluminum
- Built in Isolated Ground Plane
- Includes Stylish Side Mount for Vertical Installations
- 5/8 Wave Design and Patented Tunable-Tip
- Fast and Easy SWR Adjustments
- Power Rating 100 Watts
- Antenna Covered with Static Reducing, Heavy PVC Shrink Tubing
- 17' Multi-Strand High Quality Coax Cable. Can't be Shortened but can be Lengthened in Multiples of 9'
- Molded "Tear Drop" Black Side Mount
- All Connections and Wiring are Out of the Elements.
- Includes Installation Documentation, FREE Microphone Holder
- 5 Year Antenna Warranty- 1 Year Mount and Cable
- Available in White or Black (Add -W or -B after the Model Number for Color)
This is a no ground plane (NGP) CB antenna kit designed for use on RV's, fiberglass vehicles, or any application where no ground plane is available for your CB antenna. Click here to read more about CB antenna ground plane. This kit includes a Firefly NGP CB antenna, molded plastic side mount, and a 17' Fire-Flex NGP coax cable.
The antennas in these kits are similar to Firestik's Firefly antennas, but modified for use with no ground plane. Just like the Firefly antennas, they are lighter and more flexible than FS II antennas. They have a bare-hands tuneable tip that makes setting your SWR a snap. The kits are available with 3 or 4 foot antennas in both black and white. They are rated for up to 100 watts of power.
The 17 foot coax in this kit is a specialized, high quality cable made specifically for use with NGP antennas. It has a double shielded, stranded center wire with a flexible plyethelene insulation. This cable cannot be cut for installation, but it can be extended with standard RG-58 A/U in multiples of 9 feet. When running the cable, it is best to start at the radio and work your way back to the antenna. The bare wires on the antenna end are much easier to route then the big PL259 connector on the radio end.
The molded plastic side mount in this kit installs clean and looks great on all types of vehicles. Installing this mount requires access to the inside of the vehicle and, usually, drilling holes. When installed, the mount will have connections for the cable on the interior of the vehicle, which saves you from having to figure out how to get the coax inside. When installing this mount, the mount and rubber gasket go outside the vehicle. Everything else will be inside the vehicle or mounting surface.
As with any CB antenna, you will need to tune the antenna.
- Side Mount
No posts found