The FireStik SS294A Pickup Truck Stake Hole CB Antenna Mount is the answer to installing a CB antenna if a classic fender mount is not offered for your model truck.
The FireStik SS294A will handily support mobile antennas up to 4 feet (1.2 meters) in height. The standard 3/8x24 threaded antenna stud will accept antenna springs and quick disconnects allowing maximum versatility in your antenna system.
The SS294A locks onto any pickup truck Stake Hole with no drilling required. The coax for the antenna feeds out the bottom of the Stake Hole, or access hole in the side.
The SS294A over rail mount can be used with single or dual antenna set-ups. The use of 4 foot antenna(s) is recommended when installing in Stake Holes directly behind the truck cab. This will minimize metallic reflection which can make antenna tuning very difficult. Be sure to correctly tune your antenna for lowest SWR as part of your installation.
If you don't have inside access to the Stake Hole on your pickup, the FireStik ® MK294 Kit is a recommended option.
Four foot tall antennas are recommended for use with the SS294A to allow clearance over the truck cab.
The FireStik ® Antenna Company recommends 18 feet of RG58A/U or RG59A/U coaxial cable for use with the SS294 "over rail" Stake Hole mount. This will ensure the best radio to antenna performance possible.
- Available Alone or in a Kit (MK294)
- Stainless Steel Design
- No Holes to Drill, Locks into Stake Hole on Either Side
- Strong enough to Support 48 inch Long Antennas
- Stack Hole Surface Must be Fairly Flat because of no Angular Adjustments on the Mount
- Because of SWR Reflection from the Back Cab, 4 foot Antennas are Recommended
- Can be Mounted in Single or Dual Configuration
- 2 Year Warranty
No posts found