Midland 1001LWX Mobile CB Radio with Weather Scan is a 40 Channel compact CB radio with weather scan technology. Automatically scans & locks on the strongest signal from the National Weather Service to give user important weather information 24/7! Features large multi-function backlit LCD display, 4 watts output power, full size front mount microphone, PA function, RF gain control, ANL (auto-noise limiter), squelch & external speaker jack. 3 year warranty.
- 40-Channel Digital Tuner - Locks accurately onto your selected channel
- Large, Backlit LCD - Multifunction display that is easy to read day or night
- Weather Scan Technology - Automatically scans and locks on the strongest signal from the National Weather Service to bring you important weather information as you travel
- 4-Watt Output Power - Delivers maximum communication range
- RF Gain Control - Adjusts reception sensitivity (range) for clear reception
- Digital Power Meter - Shows incoming signal strength and transmit power
- Automatic Noise Limiter - Improves reception for a weak received signal
- PA Function - Toggles easily between public address and normal CB operation
- Compact Design - Installs easily into most cars, trucks and RV's
- Squelch Control - Eliminates unwanted background noise
- Locking Microphone Connector - Easy to connect microphone locks securely to your CB
- External Speaker Jacks
- Full Sized Microphone
Included in the box:
- Midland 1001LWX CB Radio
- Easy removal Mounting Bracket and Hardware
- Owner's Manual
- Dimensions - 4.5'' W x 1.75'' H x 7.5'' D
- This is a compact size radio. Installs easily in most cars, trucks, and RVs.
- It is recommended for vehicles with a little less space available in the cab including newer cars and smaller pickup trucks.
- The 1001LWX includes a mounting bracket with two 5mm thumb screws for mounting the radio.
- Please note that this radio does not have a built-in SWR meter. You will need an external SWR meter (like the AUSWR) in order to tune your antenna system for optimal performance. See our Help Center's article How to Tune a CB Antenna for additional information.
Looking for replacement side knobs? Check out the DX3.
Basic Troubleshooting for 1001LWX Radio:
If you are having any troubles, please do the following first.
- Tune the CB antenna and achieve good SWR readings before transmitting.
- Turn your RF gain all the way up.
- Make sure that you are in CB mode, not in weather mode.
- Make sure that you are on CB, not PA mode.
- Turn the ANL off.
- Make sure that the volume is turned up.
- Turn your squelch all the way off, then bring it up slowly to where you can hear static, then bring it back just to where the static stops.
No posts found